Health is wealth. Smoothie bowls contribute to healthy living because they are a good source of fiber, healthy fats, protein, and carbohydrates. If you find that you spend a lot of money on smoothie bowls, you can prepare them from your house’s comfort if you have the best blender for smoothie bowls.
You can prepare any combination of your favorite flavor and top it with nuts and seeds for your breakfast. Since there are many models on the market, it can be tedious to select the right one. Our top reviews cover a budget-friendly blender for smoothie bowls that will help you prepare homemade nutritious smoothie bowls.
Are Blenders For Smoothie Bowls Good?
Smoothie bowls are just as healthy as smoothies are. You can make the perfect combo of flavors with many ingredients. You can top up with cereals, nuts, fruits, or seeds. If you are going to make a smoothie bowl using a blender, then the blender must have sufficient power to crush frozen fruits and ice cubes.
Blenders come in a variety of capabilities and power capacities. Most will also have pre-programmed settings for your preferred blending. Before buying one, confirm that your choice can crush ice and fruits, leaving no lumps behind.
A Good Smoothie Bowl Blender Should:
- The blender should be of full-size countertop and durable to serve you for many years.
- Have enough blending power to create the dense consistency required in smoothie bowls (preferably more than 1000watts).
- Process the most challenging ingredients to smooth perfection.
- Be easy to assemble, use, and clean. Once which are self-cleaning or have detachable blades are the best.
- Have a great blade design to liquefy the tiniest of ingredients.
While a smoothie maker will give the best smoothie bowl, a blender can equally achieve the task, though not as good as a smoothie maker. I have come across many blenders that can make smoothies, but none like the ones discussed here.
Table of Content:
- 5 Best Blender for Smoothie Bowls Reviews 2021
- What Is the Difference Between a Blender and A Smoothie Maker?
- Final Thought
5 Best Blender for Smoothie Bowls Reviews 2021
We spend many hours researching and testing to help you pick a quality blender for smoothie bowls with an impressive performance. We have given you the top five recommendations to check and some tips to give you more information about these blenders.
1. Ninja Mega Kitchen System Blender (BL770)
Enjoy professional performance with this Ninja Blender. It works well for nutrient extraction, food processing, and blending. The Ninja blender mega kitchen system has a 16-ounce cup that you can put in frozen drinks and smoothies. This is the best blender for smoothie making, dough, fruits, nuts, and other beverages.
It comes with a modern design and a strong 1500-watt motor that crushes ice into snow in seconds. You do not have to worry about cleaning this blender is dishwasher friendly. Put in the dishwasher with other dishes, and you will be good to go. However, you can still wash with your hands.
One fantastic thing about this blender is its huge bowl that allows you to mix a large quantity of dough to make pastries for the whole family. It has a reversible slicing and grinding disc that crushes the ingredients repeatedly to achieve a smooth finish. Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) blender has an inspiration guide with an amazing 30 recipes for smoothie bowls. This will inspire you to try out each of them.
Ninja Mega Kitchen Features:
- 72-ounce crushing pitcher to crush ice in seconds for smoothies and frozen drinks.
- Two 16 ounces Nutri ninja cups with tightly fitting lids to carry drinks on the go
- An inspiration guide with 30 recipes for blending a variety of fruits for smoothies.
- 8 cup food processor bowl to mix up to 2 pounds of dough for the whole family
- Reversible slicing or shredding disc for grating ingredients into even results.
2. Blender 1450w, Homgeek Professional Countertop Blender
With power as high as 1450w, Homgeek professional countertop blender, you do not have to worry about soft or hard celled ingredients. It has an outstanding performance and crushes all manner of ingredients, leaving them with a velvety texture that makes it easy to swallow. You can rely on this blender for all heavy-duty blending tasks.
For a more desired output, say crush ice, baby soup, emulsify cream, waffles, you have the luxury of adjustable features. You can adjust from the 8-speed control feature and four pre-programmed settings to achieve different blended food results. This is to add to the high crush-ability of the eight blades made of aircraft-grade titanium.
This is one of the best smoothie blenders under 100 that can meet personal and family needs, especially hot foods for the baby. You can blend up to 680z/2L in the BPA Free Tritan pitcher. Add 2-3 drops of liquid soap in the pitcher, add some warm water, and are good to clean. This blender comes with a manual guide, a cookbook, a motor base, and 2L Tritan containers for easy use.
Blender 1450w Features:
- 8 aircraft-grade titanium blades with three layers enhance its durability.
- Self-cleaning mechanism-put soap and warm water in the blender and set it to medium speed.
- Large capacity and lightweight Tritan pitcher to hold up to 2L of blended liquid.
- 8 Variable speed control and four pre-programmed settings for personal blending features.
- Additional packaging has a tamper, cookbook, motor base, Tritan container, and manual.
3. BATEERUN HD -2A00 Professional Blender
This is a high-quality professional blender for smoothies suitable for home and commercial purposes. It has a high power of 2000w that can crush anything in seconds. There is room for boosting power! It can be placed on the counter and crush frozen fruits and ice cubes into small pieces. Depending on the ingredients you wish to blend, you can set a time limit for crushed ingredients.
This is the best blender for crushing ice, hard nuts, and other hard ingredients because of the six high-quality stainless steel blades. It is an all-in-one machine used to make smoothies, ice cream, fresh juice, milkshakes, sauces, margaritas, salsas, cappuccinos, etc. These ingredients will be crushed faster and smoother than other blenders.
It features a durable material that is protected from high temperatures. The material is also anti-break and shockproof. This professional countertop blender is 100% safe. The bender cannot run unless the food jar is placed into the base correctly. It is easy to clean after blending as the blade base is detachable. The jar is BPA free and approved by LFGB, hence healthy and safe to use.
BATEERUN HD -2A00 Features:
- 68-ounce Tritan jar to make large quantities of smoothies and frozen fruits for home and commercial use.
- Pre-set working time depending on the ingredients you are blending. No need to wait for the final product to switch off.
- 2000-watt power to crush hard ingredients; hence you can enjoy fine and smooth drinks.
- Six hardened stainless steel blades that run at high speed to crush frozen fruits and ice cubes
- All in one appliance for blending a variety of ingredients and processing several foods.
4. Oster Pro 1200 Blender
Do you wish to make a smoothie bowl, milkshake, or salsas and looking for the best blender for smoothie bowls? This is the best Oster blender for smoothies that you wish to take to your workplace or walk. It comes with a 24oz cup, portable enough to walk around within your bag.
With this blender, you can change settings before blending to suit what you want due, be it milkshakes or smoothie. With one touch, you can conveniently program the device to blend the perfect smoothie. There are seven speeds and three pre-programmed settings you can choose from, ranging from pulse to puree. This way, you can determine how long the blending process will take and how big the final particles will be.
The powerful 1200w motor can be boosted to blend through frozen ingredients, greens, ice, and other ingredients. This blender has a blade that pushes ingredients down to a wide base for smoother and faster grinding. Like all other Oster professional blenders, this also has a blade made using dual direction technology to up blending power and speed.
Oster Pro 1200 Features:
- 1200 watts plus an additional 900 watts of power for crushing ice, greens, etc.
- Oster blender glass jar that holds up to 6 cups of ingredients for your smoothies.
- A wide (3,5″) blade that pushes down the jar all ingredients for faster crushing.
- Convenient pulse feature that you can use for additional control and precision.
- It features 3 pre-programmed settings for the timing of the food processing procedure.
5. Breville BBL620 Fresh & Furious Blender
Enjoy the versatility, convenience, and quietness, all in one. This is the best Breville blender. Talk of a blender that will crush and chop all ice turning it into snow quietly, then you talk about Breville BBL620 blender. This is a powerful blender with admirable blade designs and a high torque motor. The stainless steel is surgically engineered to make them stay sharp and for long.
It comes with LCD and time settings. This makes it easy for you to set time limits for blending and watch on the LCD as the blender counts down the remaining time. Versatility is achieved with one touch on the pre-programmed buttons for a green smoothie, illuminated smoothie, or ice crush. Choose which of these smoothies you want just with one push of the well-labeled buttons. You can blend up to 1.5 L of smoothie.
This blender has a unique lid that tightly fits when the motor is running but easy to remove when the smoothie is ready. You can choose one from the ten smoothest recipe cards that come with the blender in the tightly sealed jar. This blender is also safe. All parts assembled and food being processed are BPA free.
Breville BBL620 Features:
- Quiet and efficient; therefore, no noise is produced and crushes ingredients evenly.
- Kinetix contoured blade and bowl system to ensure no lumps are left in the smoothie.
- One-touch versatility with pre-programmed buttons to blend ice crush, illuminated smoothie, and a green smoothie.
- LCD with an efficient timer for controlling time and speed when blending.
- Lid with a unique ring pulls design to ensure the lid is easy to remove after the operation but sealed tightly during operation.
What Is the Difference Between a Blender and A Smoothie Maker?
Both a blender and smoothie maker are essential appliances in the kitchen. While both appliances grind, crush, or pulverize food, there are several differences between the two. The differences are:
- The most basic difference is in the purpose for which it was manufactured. A smoothie is used to make smoothie specifically, while a blender is used to make any other puree, paste, or powder that is not a smoothie. Smoothie makers have faster blades and less capacity than blenders.
- Blenders are large, have a bigger volume, and are made of a pitcher and base. Foods and liquids to be blended go into the pitcher and remain there after blending until poured out. On the other hand, a smoothie maker has a pitcher-like unit with a spout to pour out the drink. Smoothie makers also have attached cups that you can sip from directly.
- In terms of cost, a smoothie maker is more expensive than a blender. Because of its specialized use and design, you will spend more on a smoothie maker from different brands.
- A smoothie maker is powerful enough to crush ice and liquefy fruits. With a blender, the ice or fruits can only be chopped into smaller chunks. You may be required to add water into a blender to aid the crushing process.
- Another amazing feature a smoothie has over a blender is its ability to make and keep frozen liquids. Several smoothie makers you will find in the market have a freezing capacity at the base. You can put frozen fruit in a blender, but it will liquefy as it continues to sit there.
- Where texture is concerned, smoothie makers take the credit. Smoothie makers give more consistent results compared to a blender. A blender gives small chunks of results from juices made of fruits with grainy seeds like blackberries and strawberries.
Why Should You Buy A Blender For Smoothie Bowls?
There are many reasons why you need to buy a blender for smoothie bowls. Some of them include the following:
- First, you can enjoy a wide range of ingredients. You can enjoy blended and unblended ingredients in a smoothie bowl as long as you keep the sugar contents low.
- Another great reason you need a blender for a smoothie bowl is to break down fiver in veggies and fruits. You will find it easier to digest fiber hence improve your fiber intake. Topping the smoothie with whole veggies and fruits make you feel full and satisfied during the day.
- You don’t need to use a straw hence less liquid base that adds more sugar and calories to your meal. Lastly, blenders for smoothie bowls help you prepare tasty food that is also beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many watts should a good blender have?
A blender that is slightly above 500 watts should be good enough to achieve its desired purpose. It is not advisable to go for a machine with higher watts as it will only end up making a lot of noise.
How much should I spend on a blender?
This depends on what your budget is. You can find cheap quality blenders for a slow as $100 and others as high as $500. Depending on the features you want and your budget, you can find a blender that suits you.
Is higher watt blender better?
Yes, it is better. The higher the watts, the more powerful the blender. A higher watt blender is always better. Blenders can go up to as high as 1600 watts or even more.
A smoothie bowl offers several nutritional and other benefits that you cannot afford to miss. A bowl of smoothie has nutrients that make you feel full, thereby controlling the number of calories you ingest. We have given you a rundown of the best blender for smoothie bowls that will be a great addition to your kitchen.
If it is still tough for you to decide, I recommend the Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender. It features five programmable speeds, and it is powerful enough to crush ice into snow. Additionally, you can make single-serve blending if you want to carry your drink.